Deborah Lockridge, HDT Talks Trucking Linked Interview
It’s recently appeared that self-driving trucks are not going to be hauling freight down the road without a driver as quickly as some developers and investors had expected. Startup Waabi says its AI-focused approach will allow it to commercialize the technology faster.
HDT Editor in Chief Deborah Lockridge talks to Waabi’s Dustin Koehl, a former fleet manager, about how the company’s approach differs and why they call themselves the next generation of autonomous trucks. In the interview, Koehl hints of a big OEM announcement. Since our interview, Volvo Group Venture Capital announced an investment in Waabi Innovation Inc.
In This Episode:
- Has autonomous-truck development hit a wall?
- Using AI to train Waabi Driver
- Where is Waabi in the development process?
- Working with truck makers
- Will autonomous trucks put drivers out of work?
- Path to commercialization
- What needs to happen for self-driving trucks to become an everyday reality in logistics?